It’s fulfilling for many homeowners to complete a DIY project that helps to increase the beauty and value of their home. Tasks, like painting your living room or staining your deck, maybe fun weekend improvements to take on, but even the most experienced do-it-yourselfers should avoid installing their own fireplace.
Professional Installation Ensures Safety and Efficiency
To get the most out of your fireplace, it is important to consult a licensed professional for installation to avoid issues that can cause damage to your home and pose a risk to the members of your household. Experienced professionals who handle the installation of fireplaces in Pittsburgh will:
· Follow all building codes: There many building codes that apply to chimney and fireplace installation. A professional can ensure that your chimney liners and fireboxes properly clear the wall supports and other home materials that surround the fireplace. They can also determine if a heavy masonry or metal fireplace insert requires extra support from the foundation. With expertise in building codes, professional fireplace installers can ensure your fireplace burns and exhausts safely.
· Install proper infrastructure: Depending on the type of fireplace you are looking to install, aside from the open-hearth style fireplaces, additional infrastructure such as heating stoves and fireplace inserts will be required for safe and stable operation. Gas line installation and wiring are also required for fireplace installation which are tasks that require skill and expertise to complete correctly.
· Fit the chimney to the fireplace: A chimney is a crucial element to the safe and efficient operation of your fireplace. If the chimney is installed incorrectly, smoke or carbon monoxide can fill your home when the fireplace is lit.For the chimney to efficiently draft and vent your fireplace, it must be fitted to the fireplace insert or heating stove. In addition, some chimney liners are not compatible with certain types of heating fuel, so it is important to consult an expert if you are looking to replace your current fireplace with something different.
Proper installation and safe operation are key factors to keep in mind when considering having a fireplace installed which is why it is important to consult with an expert for fireplace installation in Pittsburgh. Ed’s Woodshed offers fireplace installation Pittsburgh expertise along with a wide range of products and services to take your fireplace installation from start to finish.
– Receive a Free Quote
– Estimates on Fireplace Service
– Schedule a Consultation with an Expert